Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner doesn't launch the IE browser

I am using Lr 9.1 and using the web/http protocol when I try to record any script it should launch the web browser with the url that I provided in the "Start Recording" dialog box. But it doesn't. When there is a another IE window open then it opens another Browser with the given url but still doesn't record any script. Please provide me with the solution to this matter.

Thanks,
Awal
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

go to my computer, right click properties, advance, performance, setting and data execution provition or something like that.
add an exception as IE. see if works.

or

if you just install the LR or first time using HTTP web then uninstall and install again.

just install Vugen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have tried both options you have provided, still same problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Abdul,
What IE version you are using?

Regards,
Ilya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using IE 8.

Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try downgrading your IE to IE7.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It worked after reverting back to IE7. Thanks Verry Much.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.