Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner for 5000 concurrent users

Hi All,

I am working on loadrunner 9.52 and we have 50 vugen license and was wondering if we can have 5000 concurrent users to check the Load on the server not performance.

Also with 1 Vugen license How many vusers can I create.

Appreciate anyone who can help me with this ASAP

Regards
Jerry
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRunner for 5000 concurrent users

The license dictates your maximum count of virtual users that can be launched by the Controller. Vugen itself can only run one virtual user.

I don't imagine that you will get much done with only 50 Vusers, but you can induce a load. Running a Vugen script with the Controller at maximum speed (from runtime settings, ignore think times), you can simulate the activity of a much larger number of users.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmm Thanks James,

One more quick Question My developers say they only want to Test Load so is it alright if I can go back to them and ask them to increase the Vugen License I know the maximum number of lic that HP gives is Like 100 in that case what do you recommend to achieve 5000 concurrent users.

End of the day we want to do check Load on server.

Please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Jerry

I would recommend that you run a load test with as many Vusers that your license entitles you to get as close as possible to 5000. Eg. run 100 Vusers at normal speed and the read the number of hits/second. Let's say they can do a load of 50 hits/second.

Now multiply hits/second until it corresponds to the number of hits/second created by 5000 concurrent users. 5000/100 = 50. 50 * 50 hits/second = 2500 hits / second
Then you know how to set your think-times and pacing.

Run the load test again with 100 Vusers, remove think-time and set pacing as fast as possible. Then read the hits/second again to see how close you get to the load of 5000 concurrent users in terms of hits/second.
It's gonna take some trials and tweaking.

Regards
Jacob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

This post helps a lot. Thank you all.

I would like to clarify regarding our topic. Is this mean that there are only 2 possible way on achieving 5000 concurrent users when we only have 50 VUGen license; 1) by purchasing more license and 2) using hits/second?

Cheers and Regards,
Wilvic
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Vugen is an abbreviation for Virtual user generator, the tool you use to record your scripts. You don't need a license to install Vugen.

1 virtual user is 1 virtual user.
If you have a license for 50 Vusers, you can only run 50. But in theory, you can run the scripts with 50 vusers faster, simulating more than 50 real users.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jacob,

Sorry, I just meant 50 VUser license not VUGen license. Thank you for answering.

Another one, may I have your opinion related to concurrent users scenario I have. If I need to emulate real user actions, is it more advisable if I will use 1 Vuser to 1 user? or it is still fine to use same no. of VUser I have here and then just change the runtime settings, think time, pacing etc.

Cheers and Regards,
Wilvic
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.