Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner wicket - click and script or html

Hello,
I am trying to record a scenario with LR 8.1 Feature Pack 4 on a wicket application.

I tried to record using the html mode but the replays were not successful.

Since the url of wicket's applications are not predictible and because there are many ajax calls I tried the "click and script" mode but many things went wrong. For example the click action on links sometimes does not work (LR finds the link and does the click but no URL comes out), same thing for clicks on buttons and click on TD cells in tables.

I'd like to know if somebody has done something with LR and wicket and how it ends ? Is it possible to record scenario using the html mode and web_reg_save_param to save the wicket ID of the AjaxButton AjaxLink ?
Is it better to use "Ajax C&S" mode ? which version of LR is needed ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner wicket - click and script or html

For ajax go for LR 9.1,9.5 onwards
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner wicket - click and script or html

Hi LE LAN,

I am experiencing the same issue and have the same question as you:

Is it possible to record scenario using the html mode and web_reg_save_param to save the wicket ID of the AjaxButton AjaxLink ?

Have you gotten an answer to this?

I want to do the same as this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wicket-and-jmeter-with-regular-expressions.html

But only with LoadRunner http protocol.

In short: capture/save the wicket id with web_reg_save_param in the data and reuse this in ajax link in the rest of the script.

Cheers

Magnus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.