Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loading external dlls gives an error - loadrunner

i tried to load dlls in my script as following

lr_load_dll("C:\\lrssl\\libeay32.dll");
lr_load_dll("C:\\lrssl\\ssleay32.dll");
lr_load_dll("C:\\lrssl\\lrssl_modify.dll");

and i get the following error though i have the dlls in the path.
---------------------------------
Virtual User Script started
Starting action vuser_init.
vuser_init.c(26): Error: C interpreter run time error: vuser_init.c (26): Error -- File error : LoadLibrary(C:\lrssl\libeay32.dll) failed : The specified module could not be found.
vuser_init.c(26): Notify: CCI trace: vuser_init.c(26): ci_load_dll(0x00946854, 0x01181541 "C:\lrssl\libeay32.dll")
vuser_init.c(26): Notify: CCI trace: Compiled_code(0): vuser_init()
vuser_init.c(27): Error: C interpreter run time error: vuser_init.c (27): Error -- File error : LoadLibrary(C:\lrssl\ssleay32.dll) failed : (null).
vuser_init.c(27): Notify: CCI trace: vuser_init.c(27): ci_load_dll(0x00946854, 0x0118152b "C:\lrssl\ssleay32.dll")
vuser_init.c(27): Notify: CCI trace: Compiled_code(0): vuser_init()
vuser_init.c(28): Error: C interpreter run time error: vuser_init.c (28): Error -- File error : LoadLibrary(C:\lrssl\lrssl_modify.dll) failed : The specified module could not be found.
vuser_init.c(28): Notify: CCI trace: vuser_init.c(28): ci_load_dll(0x00946854, 0x01181511 "C:\lrssl\lrssl_modify.dll")
vuser_init.c(28): Notify: CCI trace: Compiled_code(0): vuser_init()
vuser_init.c(32): Error: C interpreter run time error: vuser_init.c (32): Error -- Unresolved symbol : lrssl_set_accept_timeout.
vuser_init.c(32): Notify: CCI trace: Compiled_code(0): vuser_init()
Action was aborted.
--------------------------------

Can someone help me on this? i am using LR 8.1.4

thanks,
Radhika
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Loading external dlls gives an error - loadrunner

Where in your code are the lr_load_dll commands and what is the protocol that you are using?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

They are right on top of my script. I use winsock protocol.

I have 2 machines installed with LR. LR on one machine works perfect on one machine, but the LR on the other machine throws the above error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quick question: Are those dlls on the machine that you're using as the generator? I.e. is this different to where you built the script?

Otherwise the debugging process for failed loads is quite complex, but here goes...

You need "Depends.exe" from one of the Microsoft Platform SDKs.

With this you do file->open vugen.exe
Next hit f7 to begin profiling. this will start up vugen, logging all the dlls that get loaded.

in vugen, create a simple c vuser that does the load dll and breakpoint it on this line. hit run (or f5).

now go to dependency walker and note what line you're up to in the log - we are about to go back to vugen and single step the load, so anything after this line is from the load step...

Go back to vugen and hit f10.

Go back to Dependency walker. Its log will list all of the dlls that were automaitcally loaded to satisfy libeay32.dll, and more importantly ones that it couldn't find.

You usually need to explicitly load these extra ones before you load the one you want.

Hope this helps anyone out there in dependency hell.

By the way, I tried this with my compiled version of libeay32.dll which worked fine. I've attached the log from Dependency walker for your info...

Dave
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I am also facing the same error and could you please let me know how a dependecy walker has resolved this,When I ran dependency walker,attached is the log file I got and please point me to right direction,I used all the approaches to load a dll like locally and globally and with the file attached.Still I am facing the same error as you posted intially

Thanks in advance
SP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please find the attached log and script I am using
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot all

We got the solution.

thanks
SP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi 

I am facing the same problem , kindly please guide me how ypu have resolved the issue.

I got the DLL names from walker 

but still having issues.

Regards

Waseem Yaqoob
NFT Analyst
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi I have tried this solution but at VUGEN runtime error appears ".dll failed the specified module could not be found"

how to resolve this issue?

regards

Waseem Yaqoob
NFT Analyst
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I created a Dll using visual studio installed in one machine.

I copied the Dll to another machine and i am trying to use it in Vugen.

I am using web-HTTP/HTML protocol and Vugen 11.52.

When i try to invoke the dll using lr_load_dll() api, i am getting "failed : The specified module could not be found" ERROR.

function above returns 11, that means LoadRunner failed to find the file.

I AM NOT SURE WHY IT IS FAILING TO LOAD THE FILE???

the Dll works fine when it is used in the same system in which it is created.

Regards

Swaps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Can you please post how you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

AS

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.