Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.0

Jump to solution
Is it possible that Loadrunner controller displays 5000 Vusers running at a time and yet the developers monitoring sql profiler say that it is actually 3000 Vusers .

Are Loadrunner statistics accurate ?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner 9.0

Jump to solution
I don't think so.

In your case, are all 5000 users performing the same task at same time?

It may be the case that, sql profiler shows 3000, based on the client requests.

I have seen rare case, if you use multi protocol....it may not be possible for you to run for all users. For Ex: If you have 100-Vusers; you can actually run only 50......but this is different from your issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I don't think so.

In your case, are all 5000 users performing the same task at same time?

It may be the case that, sql profiler shows 3000, based on the client requests.

I have seen rare case, if you use multi protocol....it may not be possible for you to run for all users. For Ex: If you have 100-Vusers; you can actually run only 50......but this is different from your issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks. I am basically ramping up the users 16 per second and to provide continuous load running the scenario for an hour . I see the 5000 users running in the stats , but for some reason sql profiler shows 3000 .

You mentioned Client requests , please explain that . I have no idea how sql profiler works .
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
No they are running different scripts a total of 20 and are randomly distributed . It is iterative so some of them are repeating the same tasks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
how does the sql profiler works?

can u pls throw some light....
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Actually I do not use sql profiler , I would need to read that up .

I do know that when running the users , the database started to queue after a certain number of users and then it just started to timeout after that
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hello Suleena,

Yes i think it is possible.
I think it depends mostly on your runtime settings.
for ex: if a user logs in and logs out.
and as per the runtime settings if he is waiting for 10 seconds before starting another iteration.
that user connection is terminated from the SQl server side as soon as the user logs out, which is done using "LRD_Close_Connection"
which means you will not be able to see the user running on the sqlserver untill the next iteration starts.
so technically even if the vuser is running,
the vuser cannot be seen from the SQl profiler.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Viswa prasanth is correct ,Suleena Sharma
assign 10 points to him.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi just read both th replies . Thanks a lot. Would it be possible to get a little more detail so I can present this information

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.