Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.1 10 day evaluation - can't run controller

Jump to solution
I've downloaded the Loadrunner 9.1 10 day evaluation and I can run VUGEN and create HTML/HTTP scripts no problem. However when I try to start the controller using the windows start menu Start >Program > Loadrunner > Applications> Controller then nothing happens (checked task manager and no task is invoked).

If I try to start it from Loadrunner menu item Tools>Create Controller Scenario I get the following

Cannot Load XML

Any ideas folks?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
I am not asking whether you have admin rights or not. Ok Let me put it this way. Is this problem is occurring now only & earlier it worked fine or the issue is from the begining after the installation. If the issue is from the begining, then I surely say this as improper installation of LR.

Please let me know these details pls.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..
It seems the incomplete installation of the LR.

Do the reinstallation with Admin Rights.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I have full Admin rights
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
I am not asking whether you have admin rights or not. Ok Let me put it this way. Is this problem is occurring now only & earlier it worked fine or the issue is from the begining after the installation. If the issue is from the begining, then I surely say this as improper installation of LR.

Please let me know these details pls.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I installed with Admin rights.
It has never worked.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hmm interesting. Before the current installation (may be licensed) Is this system has any evaluation license used & it got expired. I am still couldn't figure out the issue.

Can you check if the wlrun.exe file exists in the directory root\LoadRunner\bin\. If it is present & can you try running it there. Let me know the results pls.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Tried running the wrlrun.exe and it does nothing - looked in task manager and no process started - very strange!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Is the 10 days is already over after the installation of product or Have you changed the system date by any chance after the installation. In such case you cannot make any changes to bring the application back.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
If the answer for the above question is No, then I have no clue what the issue is.

I request you to perfrom clean reinstallation, which is the best outfit here in this case. We cant pull anyone from HP also onto this as it is a evaluation version.

Attached is the clean Uninstallation procedure document for LR. This is a old doc but still the right procedure.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Find attached is the document which lists the troubleshooting for most of the controller issues. You may ty this before reinstalling. I am curious to know about the resutls.

Do let me know.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks for the document - when it says "refer to Problem ID 1500 - How to set the system's Temp and Tmp directories" how can I find this information?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
As these are very old documents scripted when it was with mercury, the links supplied here will not work. It is just to create Temp directory on C: Drive. Most of the time it is already exists. I am not sure if this is correct. Let me go through it what it actually refers to.

I am on a busy task now. will refer the document completely & get back to you on what that means...

Thanks
-Raj

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.