Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.1 for Microsoft Device Emulator for performance testing of Mobile/handset devices

I am doing volume and performance testing of an application installed in a handset device provided by Intermec. To simulate the user actions I am trying to use LR 9.1 to record scripts in handset emulator.

Details of emulator and supporting applications:-

1)About Microsoft Active Sync :- Microsoft Active Sync Version 4.5.0 (Build 5096)

2)About Microsoft Device Emulator Manager:- Microsoft Device Emulator Manger 8.0.60801.00

3)About Microsoft Device Emulator:-Microsoft Device Emulator V2 8.0.60801.00 works on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

Loadrunner 9.5- Protocol Analyzer is not able to capture the user actions/events happening in the emulator.

It seems the protocol of the Emulator is not supported by the LR 9.5. I get COM/DCOM as the protcols which doesn't seems to be appropriate when I use it for recording. Also I used several protocols like
Microsoft .NET Protocol
Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol
WAP Protocol
Windows Socket Protocol
RTE Protocol
but they didnt work

Is there any Add-ons required for recording of Emulator type of devices? Please help
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.