Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.5 issue with replying Ajax calls

Hi,

I am working on loadunner 9.5 for a .net application using Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol. The script runs without any error and I see the data being updated on the application. But the issue is reply screen shots don't show the updated values. I also see the values correcly under parameters substitution. I read in some forums that this is due the issue with LR in handlig Ajax calls. Can some one help on this ?
I tried to use Ajax(click and Script) protocol but the issue with that is, there is page where user has to scroll down to enable the radio button, which I am not able to handle with click and script. Any solution for this ?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner 9.5 issue with replying Ajax calls

If your script is playing back fine and the data is being updated properly on the server side do not worry about what you see in the run time viewer.

If there is a problem you could upgrade to LR11 and give the new Ajax TruClient protocol a try.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for answering my question.
I need to talk to my bosss regarding upgrading the tool to LR11. We have complete setup of QC/QTP etc, so they may want to updrade all at the same time whenever they decide.
Do have a solution to the second part of my question using Ajax(Click and Script) ?
The radio buttion gets enabled only when the user will scroll down the vertical scroll bar.
How do I capture that with click and script? Script fails when it tries to execute web_radio_group fucntion because the "SelectValue=I agree" but radio button is still disabled. Since lot of time is being spent in correlating using Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol I have been asked to find out an alternate with Click and Script protocol. If I can handle this radio button with click and script, then I should be good.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sorry, I have only played with the Click and Script protocols. Since I have not needed them to test an application I don't have the knowledge to help you. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
I am working on loadrunner 9.5, this version does not support BPM 10g. I tried working on trial version of loadrunner 11 with Ajaxtruclient protocol and BPM 10g is working fine. Is there a posibility of pluging in Ajax truclient protocol to loadrunner 9.5?
Please advice

Thanks,
Vish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.