Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.5 upgrade to 9.52

Hi,

We are recording a flex application and need to upgrade LR version 9.5 to 9.52. We have downloaded patch files 9.51 and 9.52 and tried installing them but getting following error

"The upgrade patch can not be installed by the windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

Please advise.

Thanks,
Venkat.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I ran into a similar problem. Do not apply all patches since one of them changes the product name.
The install sequence I did was:
1) Install 9.50 from the .iso image
2) Install the LR 9.512 qfe.exe patch
3) Install 9.52 LR 0312 zipped patch

I believe either the 0310/SOA or 0309/zip patch changed the "product name" to "Vugen for Service Test" instead of Loadrunner
Support had me edit the registry but it didn't seem to work, so I deleted everything (Except license).

Unfortunately, it required a de-install and
a. Do a search for the following files and remove them from all locations -- they will be replaced during the reinstall.

At least that is how I got to 9.52
. wlrun.*
. vugen.*
b. Open the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit).
h. Delete the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software ->Mercury Interactive
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software ->Mercury Interactive
Delete all the folders under Loadrunner or anything related to LoadRunner except "License2" and/or "License" under LoadRunner.
c. Empty the Recycle Bin.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I had the same problem with LR.
I agree that 0310/SOA or 0309/zip patch could be the reason. Also I could not run the LR Controller (invalid pointer message)

Here you got the steps I did:
1. I repaired the LoadRunner 9.50 (not uninstall the 9.51 patch) from add/remove programs.
2. Then tried to install 9.52 patch once again.
It worked.

Good Luck
Tomek

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.