Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.51 tcpdump issue

Hi,

I would like to capture the traffic of a web service host in order to create a web-service load test.

The host is running on CentOS5.3, and use the tcpdump tool to create the capture file:

/usr/sbin/tcpdump -s 0 -e -w dumpfile.cap

I create a new WebServices test script in Loadrunner VuGen 9.51:

Opening the dump file with VuGen's Analyse Traffic function fails, and I receive the following error messages:

"Could not open file"
"16-bit application recording is not supported"

The error message is a bit strange, considering that it should work from a network capture file...

I checked the dump file with /usr/sbin/tcpdump -r dumpfile.cap -X , and it contains the captured traffic.

Have you got experience with webservice traffic capturing?

Any proposal is welcome : - )

PS: retested with VuGen 9.52. The same issue is experienced.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner 9.51 tcpdump issue

Hi

This is because your app is 16 bits, only LoadRunner 9.1 support this, use another application or downgrade to Loadrunner 9.1

regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner 9.51 tcpdump issue

Hi,

I do not completely undestand this...

What I do is this:

1. I am creating my network capturing on a 64 bit Linux with the OS' tcpdump tool.
  2. Then I take over the captured file to VuGen, and open it with the "Analyse Traffic" button which is presented for "Web Service" projects.

How does 16-bit recording comes into play? I am not intending to record any Windows applications 😄

I guess you had some luck and success using the VuGen's Traffic analyser.
What were the steps you made?

BTW: do you know where can the OS-specific lrtcpdump be found? The help says it's in the bin directory of the VuGen, however it contains only the one for Windows.

>> "The VuGen command line utility, lrtcpdump, is located in the product's bin directory. There is a separate utility for each of the platforms: lrtcpdump.exe (Windows), lrtcpdump.hp9, lrtcpdump.ibm, lrtcpdump.linux, and lrtcpdump.solv4."

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.