Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 9.52 communicating with Solaris 10

Hi Experts,

I got an infra-structure where i need my LR to connect to Solaris 10 and Windows Server 2008. Is there any port i need to know in order to connect to Solaris 10 and Windows Server 2008 before i install?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner 9.52 communicating with Solaris 10

Hi,

if i understand your correctly....

your application is installed in solaris 10 and windows 2008.... then it depends on your URL (normally for http request port 80) - don't worry about the internal communication.

if you are talking about installing Loadrunner itself then you need to read the installation guide (whether windows 2008 is supported?)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

These are the Operating systems it support.

-> Windows XP Professional service pack 2 with Firewall disabled
-> Windows 2003 SP2 and R2

Regards,
Sunkara
http://loadrunner95. blogspot. com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks guys but does it need to open any port for the controller and Load Generator in order to communicate with application under test?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

No, as long as you can access your application from the browser on each PC/LR machine it should work fine.

Now if you need to monitor your Solaris machines and there is a firewall you may need to open ports for rstatd from your controller to the Solaris servers under test.

Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.