Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner Cognos report - unable to replay-few struggles

Hi
As u all know, to run the cognos report smoothly certain manual correlatins like
1. actionstate,
2. executionparameter
3. tracking
4. cafcontextID
etc.. all needed to be done.
We'll try to execute a particular funcion in loop until the server throws the report.

I am fine until this. My problem starts here:
The tree view of a particular screen displays the status as "working". But after all these correlation and everything I get a status called "prompting". My script will go smooth only then if the status changes to "working" from "prompting". Can anyone have solution for this?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Gopinath,

Help me understand your problem...when you are seeing the tree view screen it shows "working" and here you are stucked.

What's your next step here...do you select any hierarchy from tree view and say "open report" or press any button to open report?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sheelu!!
The scenario was totally different. Cognos report is not showing the happening screen. Instead it shows, coding parts with status either : "working" or "complete". If the report ie. PDF appears, the status is "complete". But if script waits until the report, then it shows "working" status.
using web_custom_request() function.

But Thanks. It was done. I wanted to share few things on Cognos Report - Vugen Script.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That's cool that you got resolved the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also check the IBM document detailing how to record cognos for LoadRunner. It has sample code for loops.
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.