Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner Fails ALOT

Loadrunner is falling on me soo much.

"Loadrunner has encountered a problem and need to close. We are Sorry for the Inconvenience with Send error Report and Don't Send Button"

loadrunner 8.0 in windows xp sp2.
If I save something or open or run..it fails. Please help me
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What are the hardware and OS you have loaded the LR8 controller software?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You should really upgrade to the latest version of LoadRunner. I do not believe that 8.0 is supported any longer. If not 9.1 at least 8.1 FP4.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have 1.8MHZ AMD with 1.2GB ram, windows xp pro sp2. I can't upgrade the loadrunner, I don't have then money and Yes I installed the controller. BUT Controller and analysis works perfect.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear HA21,
Do you mean you have 1.8GHZ AMD ? (not 1.8MHZ AMD).
My Loadgen machine has Intel CPU@ 3.0 GHZ. VUGEN is quite slow when you do a SAVE AS on a big script. Fortunately, mine does not encounter the error like yours.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

You need to upgrade to SP1 and FP4. It should not cost you anything to upgrade. 8.0 is very flaky as it was the first release of version 8. I have been using 8.1.4 for quite some time and it is quite stable.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I wish I could agree that LR 8.1.4 is more stable. But, my experience has been just the opposite. It doesn't record half of our stuff, and what it does has to be double checked because it isn't accurate for some fields. Those are the good days. The rest of the time is spent rebooting after vugen crashes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I've heard different opinions on relative stability of 8.0 and 8.1 FP4.

It's quite possible that depending on the Application Under Test 8.0 might be more stable than 8.1 FP4.

I even heard some peiople claimimng that 9.1 was the most stable version. 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had the same problem. A LoadRunner 8.1 installed on XP SP2 always crushed during virtual user generation, if not during the recording, then always on script save.

I went along all of the installed services, and hit the root cause with VNC Server service. (this is a remote desktop like tool)

After stopping this, it started working, though the browser playback function still crashes the program.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.