Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner Flex Snapshot is xml - is this okay?

Hello Gurus,

I'm new to Loadrunner+Flex, I tried to record a flex application. Application similar to an airline reservation portal.

when I run everything seems to be running smoothly *but* when I look at the testresults snapshot, it shows the response as an xml file [opposed to the snapshot of the portal which a user must see]. Is this normal?

Or is there some setting I can do to actually see the exact snapshot of [eg: See passport name in passport field etc., instead of an xml]. Is this possible? or is this feature limited to only html pages?

Help is appreciated.

Million thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner Flex Snapshot is xml - is this okay?

Server is actually sending the response in XML format and thats what LR is showing.

You must have seen the same xml results while recording also.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your response, yes while recording also it has xml only. Is it possible to extract the exact snapshot as to how a user sees on a flex portal rather than seeing an xml file?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nope, it's not possible to view the whole page instead of the XML. This is how an site with Ajex technology is supposed to work. The whole page is supposed to load once; this you will see in the event viewer and in the replay logs. Then based on user interaction, certain sections of the site will be updated, this is where the xml comes into place. When a user select something or click on an object in a already-loaded page, only the relevant section will be updated with new data based on the user selection; not the whole page. This is why you are only seeing xml coming from the server; those are responses coming from the server as xml or json format. In the event viewer, you'll only see the xml or the json fortatted messages and not the whole page.

hope that helped...

thanks

~Hector
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.