Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner Integration Wily

Hi Experts,

I want to know is it possible to integrate Loadrunner with CA Wily, to show the results of wily in controller console and to generate the consolidated report or through any other ways we can achieve this..

Regards
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner Integration Wily

You can integrate HP Diagnostics with LR....From LR, I don't think you can integarte Wily.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Is this anywhere documented in HP docs like loadrunner cant support wily integraion to show as proof to my customer...

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In Analysis if my memory servs there is the ability to import external results. I have never tried this and not sure it would work with what Wily will output.
As far as the controller I am not aware you can bring in Wily but if you find out you can post it to the thread
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.. this is my findings on this integration i just found there is no possiblity of showing wily data in controller wheras the reverse is possible like we can show the controller metrics data in the wily through an snmp introscope adapter and its useful in generating the consolidated reports and dashboards creation..Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

We can write a PERL Script which can extract out the metrics of wily into the results file of the controller and then generate the analysis.
The analysis generated would have the wily metrics also as the custom graphs.
Thus we can get the analysis report along with all th metrics from loadrunner itself.
This was done on LR8.1.4 version.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Parthiban,

Is it possible for you to share the script with me? I am looking to do something similar within my organization.

Thanks,
Ravi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Parthiban,

Your solution to integrate Wily results into LoadRunner is exactly what I am looking for. Could you provide your script for us? Or an example of your script?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[quote=Parthiban,

Your solution to integrate Wily results into LoadRunner is exactly what I am looking for. Could you provide your script for us? Or an example of your script?

Thanks!]

Me too. I have the same dubt.

tks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We were able to integrate LR with Wily data by creating an SNMP MIB that we imported into SiteScope. This allows SiteScope to monitor the data via SNMP. LR has built in SNMP support as well but is limited on the number of counters it can monitor.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Can you share the info on how to accomplish that task (i.e. creating an SNMP MIB that we imported into SiteScope. This allows SiteScope to monitor the data via SNMP)? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi James,

Please follow the below step you can get the raw data of CA Williy interscope data in LoadRunner Analysis component.

The Following step give below.

Step 1:  Open up Introscope on your VDI. Select the graph of the resource metric you wish to use along with the time range in which corresponds to your LR test run.

Step 2:  Right Click on the desired Graph with the Data time range which matches your test run and click export to save the file.

Step 3: Copy the following VB .bas file (C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\My Documents folder)

Step 4:  Open up the file you exported out in CSV (Step 2) in Microsoft Excel

Step 5:  Under the Home Tab, Select View Menu Bar Select View Macros.

Step 5:  Enter any Macro Name (i.e. Test) the Dialog and click Create

Step 6:  From the VB Editor Select File-> Import File

Importing CA Wiley Introscope Metrics into LR Analysis     

Step 7:  Select the LRConvertMod.bas file

Step 8:  Under Modules, Select Module11 and double click

Step 9:  Click the Green Arrow Run Button

Step 10:  Select the Highlighted Macro Name and click Run Button

Step 11:  Enter the Name of the Metric You want exported and click OK (i.e.  WGSWQA102YYZ_JVM)

Step 12:  The Macro formats the metrics in a CSV Format readable for the LR Analysis Tool. 

Step 13:  Save the file to your local E Drive of your machine NOT you’re VDI C Drive

Import the Formatted Data in LR Analysis Tool.

Step 14:Open up the LR Analysis file for your test run

Step 15:In the Menu bar Select Tools-> External Monitors –> Import Data

Step 16:  Click Add file

Step 17:Select the LR csv formatted file used in Step 13 and click Open

Step 18:In the Import Data Dialog enter the machine name which the imported metric belongs to and click Next.

Step 19:Select Monitor Type -> External Monitors <Add Custom Monitors> and click OK

Step 20:Click Finish then Close

Step 21:In the Session Explorer Pane, Right Click to Select Add New Item -> Add New Graph

Step 22:Select Graph -> External Monitors -> <Your Custom Monitor> and click Open Graph

Step 23:The Custom Graph is with the Metric Imported from Introscope is Successfully Displayed

Follow the above step and u can graph in the LR_Analysis.

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.