Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner: 'Session Expired' issue

Hi all,

First to declare: I am new to loadrunner and facing following problem problem:

- Loadrunner version is 9.5 (Trail), IE 7/Firefox, Windows 2008 Server/Windows XP.
- I am trying to record login & logout steps on a web application which uses html, javascript and AJAX.
- With Web (HTTP/HTTPS) it does not record any thing (as expected)
- With Web Click n Script and AJAX Click and Script it records steps successfully but on Replay, application responds that the session is expired!!!
- I tried web_cleanup_cookies(); function on start and end of the script but no gain.
- I manually deleted cookies and files but no success.

According to my little knowledge Web Click n script and AJAX click and script protocols correlate dynamic values automatically, so what should i do to get this issue resolved.

Thanks,
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner: 'Session Expired' issue

check if the correlation is really happening and it is working fine when you replay.enable parameter substitution when you replay and check.also check the line in which it fails and see if there are any dynamic values.best way to check is record another script and compare both the scripts.not all the dynamic values will be correlated automatically...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner: 'Session Expired' issue

Dear LoadTest712, Thanks for your reply.
Please guide me about:
- How can i verify that correlation is happening or not. On each replay, the replay log shows a unique JSessionId.
- "parameter substitution" is possible when some parameter exists, in my case there is no parameter defined.
- It fails on following function:
web_button("INPUT",
"Snapshot=t13.inf",
DESCRIPTION,
"Type=submit",
"Tag=INPUT",
"ID=btnLogin",
ACTION,
"UserAction=Click",
LAST);

Please let me know if more info is needed in this regard.

Many thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.