Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner VuGen scripting: detecting 2nd browser window

Hi,

I have a web application that has a page containing links in a HTML table. When a link is clicked, a second browser window is launched to show some content related to the clicked link. I was using Web (Http/html) protocol to try to record this business process ie try to to scan for a text in the second window to confirm that the second window is opened with the right content. However VuGen is unable to record the interaction with the second window. I raised a support case for help and I was told by HP Support to record using Windows socket protocol. I have not recorded using Windows socket before, but does it sound right to you to use use Windows Socket protocol for a web application? Will I still be able to replay my script in a Loadrunner load test scenerios using parameterization etc?

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Rgds

TW

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner VuGen scripting: detecting 2nd browser window

have you resolved your situation? I have the same question also. Lisa
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, I did not receive a reply. Nor did I find a solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

1. Before making this change, backup your Windows registry!

2. Set configure BBHook in the registry:

For Windows 2003 server, Windows XP:

Set "AppInit_DLLs" in the registry to point to bbhook.dll by altering the following registry key which is unset by default:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

Change to:

"AppInit_DLLs"="\bin\bbhook.dll"

For Windows Vista:

In Windows Vista machines, set "LoadAppInit_DLLs" registry key to the following value instead:

LoadAppInit_DLLs" <-- Set this key to 0x1 (1 hexadecimal)

2. After this registry change, reboot the machine, and record the application, with only VuGen on the desktop and the AUT (Application Under Test) started by VuGen.

3. When you are finished recording, exit VuGen, then revert the BBHook registry changes to their defaults, and reboot the machine again.

Notes:

1. VuGen will record all desktop applications that are running at the time the recording starts, and/or those started by VuGen and/or processes started by the AUT during recording.
2. If there are empty spaces embeded in the name of the path (e.g C:\Program Files\HP...), use the DOS-style path conventions when specifying the path.
3. Be careful of the length of the path pointing to bbhook.dll. Make sure that the path is less than 32 characters long, otherwise, BBHook may not work.
4. It is recommended to use DOS-style path-naming conventions to eliminate paths with embedded spaces.
5. For non-Windows Vista machines only: If the path to bbhook.dll is greater than 32 characters you may need to put a copy of bbhook.dll in a shorter path like C:\temp. Ensure the registry changes referenced above point to this new directory, and remove the copy of C:\bbhook.dll after you have finished recording and have reverted the registry changes.
6. For Windows Vista only: Do not move the default location of bbhook.dll -- this file needs to remain in the default PC/LR bin folder, and for Vista there is no concern about the path to bbhook.dll

=========================================

Assign some points if this helps you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Did Anyone try this? Did it work?

To tell somebody that they are wrong is called criticism. To do so officially is called testing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.