Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner controller crashing at start with "Failed to create empty document."

Jump to solution
Hi,

I'm evaluating the trial version of Loadrunner 9.5 (patched to 9.52) but can't seem to create a load scenario.

I've created a simple RDP script using the Virtual user generater, but when i try to create a new scenario in Loadrunner Controller, it crashes after I select that script click OK.

An error message saying "Failed to create empty document." appears, then another msg box appears saying it's crashed and needs to restart.

I'm running LoadRunner in a virtual PC with Win XP SP3. No anti viruses running in the VM.

Is there a patch that i'm missing ?

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner controller crashing at start with "Failed to create empty document."

Jump to solution
Either of below two things should help you resolve the issue:

Change this:
1. Close LoadRunner Controller and go to Windows Control Panel and open â Date and Timeâ
2. Go to the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time window.
3. Unselect the check box "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time" and click Ok.
4. Re-Open LoadRunner Controller.

Or
install the below patch

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM855288/4ba3ae49975a104cd5cdc550/Wlrun952.zip

Let me know, how it goes??

~Shivaram

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner controller crashing at start with "Failed to create empty document."

Jump to solution
Either of below two things should help you resolve the issue:

Change this:
1. Close LoadRunner Controller and go to Windows Control Panel and open â Date and Timeâ
2. Go to the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time window.
3. Unselect the check box "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time" and click Ok.
4. Re-Open LoadRunner Controller.

Or
install the below patch

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM855288/4ba3ae49975a104cd5cdc550/Wlrun952.zip

Let me know, how it goes??

~Shivaram

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Wow, that was really obscure, would never have thought about looking at daylight saving settings.

Is there any other way I can obtain that patch ? My current account does not have a SAID no., which prevents me from downloading that file.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
You will require SAID to download patch or to get access to HP support documents.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
btw...did this resolve your issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, your advice to uncheck "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time" worked.

Thanks !
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.