Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner recording problem

HI,

Please help me
I am trying to record login and logout of a website developed in .NET
1. LR is not recording login page, it records the pages after the login.
2. On replay, it is displaying error.

i am using HTTP/HTML protocol.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner recording problem

Nitesh,
Can you be more specific pls? Not recording meaning, no events are being recorded or some error msg is thrown?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
1. Loadrunner is recording the application (Events). but it is not displaying the login page rather it record and displays the part after the login.

2. When I replay the scripts,it displays the error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

How did u select the protocol??? I mean how did u come to know that HTTP/HTML protocol is best suited for ur application??

I think this is basically a protocol problem....try protocol advisor to find out the correct protocol.....once I worked with a web application developed in c# .net....I used siebel web protocol successfully.....just give a try for ur application and can check whether it works or not.

Thanks,
Prasenjit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,
Thanks for your support.
My problem seems solved as it is recording by using Click and script protocol and using IE7.0.
Now I want to create scenario with number of users. my question is, would i required different loginID/password for each user or the just one userr ID will suffice to create the load.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

just try to login from 2 different machine with same credentials....then u can understand whether ur credentials are single user login or multi user login....if it is multi user login then u can use the same credentials for ur loadtest....but it is advisable to use different credentials for the loadtest.

Thanks,
Prasenjit
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.