Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner unresponsive for Web (Click and Script)

When I try even the simplest URL with Web (Click and Script), vugen hangs with the "Launching application for recording..." message.

I noticed a process caleld tulip_mgr.exe running at 40% of my CPU. When I kill this process, vugen continues and allows recording.

Any idea why this process is hanging and whether the resulting recorded script is valid?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner unresponsive for Web (Click and Script)

You seem to have an interfering program that is not allowing the vugen process to run.As identified by you,tulip_mgr.exe is the cause of the problem at your end. Find the source of this process and try uninstall the program that generates this process.

Vugen does have compatability issues with anti-virus and other softwares.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner unresponsive for Web (Click and Script)

Thanks for the advice. I found the tulip_mgr.exe in HP/Virtual User Generator/bin/tulip/bin and in a similar location on my earlier install of vugen.

After uninstalling both the 9.10 and earlier version of vugen, I deleted both directories from the file system and reinstalled 9.10.

Problem solved, vugen is working as expected.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.