Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..
110 views

Log File location

Jump to solution

Apologies if this is a really dumb question.

In the old Performance Center editions, the logs for the app were in the qc and sa folders.

We have an issue in our LRE 2020 POC environment whereby noone can get logged in. We have LDAP authentication enabled. The service account we have configured for LDAP is not locked out, password expired or anything like that. 

I am trying to locate the SA logs equivalent on my LRE server.

 

 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi ,

Try the appsettings.json from the LRE_BACKEND folder or also the one on the repository system_config folder (in case of SP1)

Aliza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

The LRE Backend service logs can be found on the LRE server ...\orchidtmp\LTLogger\LRECore.API. 

As for the LDAP authentication - Have you checked the connection when the LDAP server was added , have you succeeded to import users?

Are you running LRE2020 GA or SP1?

In case you cannot login with LDAP you'll have to set it back to Application authentication. the setting is different between the versions.

Aliza

 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Aliza.

 

Yes we had the LDAP connection working ok. We had tested the connection and imported users etc. It was working fine so we are unsure why it has stopped working.

Can you please remind me? There is a config file somewhere on the LRE server where we can change back to Application authentication instead of LDAP?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi ,

Try the appsettings.json from the LRE_BACKEND folder or also the one on the repository system_config folder (in case of SP1)

Aliza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Thanks Aliza.

 

I found the appsettings.json file and changed the "Auth_setting" from LDAP to Internal. Then I was able to log in to LRE Admin using the credentials we defined in our install.

I just reapplied the exact same LDAP settings as before, checked connection and it's working fine. Users can now login ok again.

I still don't know how/why it stopped working so we will closely monitor.

Thank you again for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.