Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Login credentials for server metrics

I am trying to create a LoadRunner scenario across network domains. My LR controller is in Domain 1 while the Application Server and SQL DB Servers are on Domain 2.

While adding graphs and measurements to the scenario, the Windows Resources graph appears to have no trouble pulling the server metrics. However, on the SQL Server graph, I am not receiving any data for any of the measurements which have (SQL Server) shown.

Is it possible to assign specific login credentials for the SQL Server metrics?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try with the controller permon first.

Check SQL server about trusts. Even on the same domain there is some SQL server security setup to make perfmon work for anyone. The specific error message would appear in event viewer on the SQL machine or the monitoring machine. Something about SQL server and a setting either to trust a machine without login or perfmon needs a specific sql user setup for it. The error message from event view helps point you to the specific solution.
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.