Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MI Listener/Controller connection

Hi

I have a situation where my LR controller is tucked away behind a firewall and I want it to drive some load generator machines outside the firewall.

The network security guys might be happy to open up the firewall for outgoing connections to a specific address/port, but not for any incoming connections. As far as I can tell, if I set up an MI listener machine outside the firewall then I can ask for port 50500 to be opened up so that the controller can connect to it - BUT, I'm not sure if this connection needs to be bi-directional. i.e. will I need the port opened up for outgoing and incoming connections?

Can anyone give a definite answer on this?

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.