Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MI Listner & Load Generator

Do anyone know if a Load test can be done using a load generator that sits before the firwall and pass the load through the mi listener. ( The application servers are on the otherside of the firewall, the vusers will also be on the other side of the firewall).

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: MI Listner & Load Generator

Yes, what is the problem you are facing?
-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i wanted to know how this will affect the performance of the MI listener as load generator traffice will be passed through it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The purpose of the MI Listener is to run vusers over firewalls or monitor servers over firewalls. The MI Listener and the controller should be in one side of the firewall and the Load Gens should be on the other side of the firewall where the application under test resides... Don't worry about the MI Listener performance, it won't even feelt he pain or the workload of transmiting stats back to the controller. When load testing overfirewall, performance ( transaction response times)does not get affected because the laod generators will be sitting in the same network as the servers under test (not much network latency). The only data that will be crossing the firewalls via the MI Listener is the statistics resulting from the load test.

Not sure I understood your load testing setup (environment), so i just gave you a brief description of how MOFW is done.

Hope that helped...

`Hector
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks the help. i will test and let you know the results if you want.

Mesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

I have 2 client machine where I finished downloading Load Generator and am confused should i need to install anyother component in LG machine like MI listner,monitor over firewall or Host id.Am usingLoad runner 11.5.

Please advise me..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.