Highlighted
New Member.

Managing scheduler

Hi,

I use Performance Center to performance load tests on one of my application at work. We have a scenario with 40 scripts and when we start the load tests 25 users ramp up every 1 minute. However, we have observed that the time to transfer the scripts to Load Generators is taking time and by the time the first user initializes it takes around 9 minutes and by that time there will 25*9 users in the Init state. As a result of this we are seeing sudden ramp up of users. Is there any way that I can overcome the problem of ramp up by making the scripts transfer to the Load Generators very easily? Also, to avoid this we are having the delay of 10 minutes before the actual scheduler starts and ramping up the users manually from each group during that time. However, for this we need to choose schedule by group rather than the real-time or basic scheduler, as for the real time scheduler if we enable the option to start the scheduler after 10 minutes and ramp up the users in those 10 minutes, they take the "Number of Iterations" set in the Runtime settings of each script and stops before the actual scheduler starts. Can anyone help me in resolving the problem? Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks,

Ganesh

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Managing scheduler

Have you tried to schedule the Init section in PC ?

You can set ramp up on init as well..

Initialize 5 users every 10 sec etc..

Set ramp up for both init and Start vusers.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Why do you feel that there is a delay in the scripts reaching the LoadGenerator? Are the controller and the LoadGenerator in very distant locations network-wise.

One thing you can try to do is to have a rendevous point in the init section, so that the script will wait for all the users to reach this point and then it will proceed further. The implications on your ramp up need to be seen practically.

Thanks

Prashanth Thimmavajjala

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Also you can script using get user count per each script and logically enter the sccript start based on the user

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.