Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Memory Counter for Unix/Linux

Hi,

I am setting up System resource monitor for Linux machinein LoadRunner. I can see CPU utilization, which counter should I use for memory?

In Window's there is straight forward Available bytes etc, cant see something like that for Unix.

Pls help.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Memory Counter for Unix/Linux

Hi,

We cannot monitor memory of unix machine directly using LR metrics..You can use SiteScope to monitor the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinutha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a separate license required for Sitescope?
If I cant use Sitescope, is there a way to get memory statistics from the server by enablening some logs??
Thanks!!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You get free 15 days trial licenses for sitescope after installation. If you need for more you may need to get the license from HP.

You can also get the Memory details from VMSTAT log running on the Unix Server. Later you can In cooperate the metrics into LR Analysis.

Regards,
Vinutha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vinutha,

Appreciate your response.

1. I have mot used Sitescope before. After Sitescope installation, is there anything else required on the Linux server other that rstatd?? Will I need the login credentials to the server, etc?

2. The VMSTAT logs that you have mentioned, are these very diffrent from sar stats?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

rstatd should be enabled on Linux machine and also you need login credentials of the server to configure it in the sitescope.

You can also monitor Memory using SAR stats but it gives other counter details like transfer rates, paging activity, network activity etc , where as VMSTAT is concerned on system processes, memory, swap, I/O, and the CPU which will be more equivalent to rstatd counters.

Regards,
Vinutha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Why is it so ?  Even the PC11 native UNIX counters doesnot show up "Percent Used" and "MB Free"  counters,

though the guide clearly says these are supported counters ?

Thanks,

SKM.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.