Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Migrate to new LDAP Server?

Hi all,

We're currently undergoing an AD migration at our workplace, and we need to change the LDAP server that Performance Center is currently authenticating users against. There are already a number of users with active projects imported via the existing LDAP, and I want to be sure that I can change the LDAP server address (their Usernames will be the same, and we hvae it set up so if it fails to find the DN it'll search for the Username) without affecting their access. 

My questions are:

If I go in and change LDAP servers, will the users who have been imported still exist? Or will changing LDAP servers delete them?

If something goes wrong and I get locked out, is there a way back into the console without having any Perf Center Local accounts set up?

Is this the best way to go about a migration? What I expect to happen is to go in, change the LDAP server, then as users log in again it will fail to find the DN, and then search the new LDAP server for their account names which it will find, and that will be the extent of the migration. 

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT: We're running version 11.50

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.