Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Migration of Site Admin & Lab data from 12.63 to LRE 2020

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Performance Center12.63 Sandbox environment and I am building a new LRE 2020 Sandbox.

During the install of the LRE 2020 environment I have reached the 'Migration Configuration' step.

Part 1: I specify my source site admin db schema - qcsiteadmin1260_db and my source lab db schema name - default_lab_project_db

Part 2: I choose database type = MS-SQL (SQL Auth) and provide database schema credentials. (I assume this is the td_db_admin and password on my 12.63 environment?)

Part 3: I provided the name of my 12.63 PC database server and port 1433

When I test the connection the error I get is:

The ALM schema provided might not correspond to a schema of an ALM Site Admin

Some questions:

1. When I get the migration to work, does my site admin schema and lab db schema get totally moved to my new LRE environment or simply copied?

2. What does the error above indicate? How do I resolve?

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

You can also copy the repository of the ALM project to a local path within the LRE server and use it to migrate the project.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Aliza kindly helped me to resolve the issue.

Because my source repository was on another server I had to update the repository path to include that server name.

So instead of D:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\qc\Project1_Project_1

I put \\SERVERNAME\D$\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\qc\Project1_Project_1

and after this the connection worked fine and I was able to migrate the project

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.