Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Migration of Site Admin & Lab data from 12.63 to LRE 2020

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Performance Center12.63 Sandbox environment and I am building a new LRE 2020 Sandbox.

During the install of the LRE 2020 environment I have reached the 'Migration Configuration' step.

Part 1: I specify my source site admin db schema - qcsiteadmin1260_db and my source lab db schema name - default_lab_project_db

Part 2: I choose database type = MS-SQL (SQL Auth) and provide database schema credentials. (I assume this is the td_db_admin and password on my 12.63 environment?)

Part 3: I provided the name of my 12.63 PC database server and port 1433

When I test the connection the error I get is:

The ALM schema provided might not correspond to a schema of an ALM Site Admin

Some questions:

1. When I get the migration to work, does my site admin schema and lab db schema get totally moved to my new LRE environment or simply copied?

2. What does the error above indicate? How do I resolve?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Migration of Site Admin & Lab data from 12.63 to LRE 2020

Jump to solution

Aliza kindly helped me to resolve the issue.

Because my source repository was on another server I had to update the repository path to include that server name.

So instead of D:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\qc\Project1_Project_1

I put \\SERVERNAME\D$\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\qc\Project1_Project_1

and after this the connection worked fine and I was able to migrate the project

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Part 2: I choose database type = MS-SQL (SQL Auth) and provide database schema credentials. (I assume this is the td_db_admin and password on my 12.63 environment?) - 

For MSSQL SQL auth - It should be the td user  and the ts user's password since we cnnect with this user to the ALM schema(s). The td_db_admin user is not relevant for the source project used for migration , it is relevant only for creation of new schemas.

1. When I get the migration to work, does my site admin schema and lab db schema get totally moved to my new LRE environment or simply copied?

A new LRE_ schemas will be created for the LRE site admin and lab_project with the names you provided at earlier stage of the LRE configuration. These schemas  are much smaller than the original ones and have only the relevant tables for LRE. The relevant data will be copied from the source 12.63 ones.

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! Ok now I have completed the migration and the rest of the install/config of my LRE 2020.

Now I want to migrate my projects from my old 12.63 environment. So I do see them in 'Not Migrated' state in LRE Admin -> Projects

Then I click Migrate and provide td credentials for the old environment. Connection Test succeeds.

For the repository part I am having some connection issues however. I made sure to give my Load Runner backend service read access to the repository on my source environment. But even after that I still get connection failed.

I tested I can browse to the repository no problem from my LRE server.

Maybe there is something silly I am missing?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The repository path is in the format...

D:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\qc\Domain_1\Project_1

my LRE service has read access at the ProgramData folder level

do I need to include the server name where the repository is hosted?

e.g. \\server\D:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\qc\LRE2020_5\LRE_2020_MIGRATION\

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

D'OH!

Think I worked it out. Although I gave the LRE service account access at the folder level, I did not think of giving the account logon access to the server on which the old repository resides.

So I have submitted a security request for this. Hopefully it will be processed overnight and I can then try project migration steps once logon access has been granted.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ok so I am still having issues establishing the connection to the source repository. I keep getting connection failed.

Some things I have verified/attempted.

1. My Load Runner back end service is not locked out, disabled and its password is valid.

2. The Load Runner back end service has been added as an admin on the server where the source repository resides.

3. The Load Runner back end server has log on rights to the server on which the source repository resides (tested I can successfully RDP on to this server using Load Runner back end service)

4. Ensured that the Load Runner back end service has Read access to the repository path.

Still I get the connection failed message when I try to migrate projects.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I still cannot connect to the old, source repository?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please can you share a screenshot of the Migrate project page where you get the connection failed for the repository path check + the  <LoadRunner Enterprise server installation>\orchidtmp\LTLogger\LRECore.API log for the trial time and the content of the provided path for source repository for migration

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I see this in the log file - 

2020-06-09 10:23:06,367 [7800] [127] ERROR LRECore.Seeder.Helpers.AlmConnectionValidator - TestAlmConnectionString - Exception: ALM repository does not exist [Context: (null)] [FullContext: (null)]
LRE.Platform.Common.ErrorHandling.Exceptions.LREBaseException: ALM repository does not exist

screenshot attached.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

cmcn2016_0-1591695016683.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Please can you share this folder content ... 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

cmcn2016_0-1591695662731.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please email me aliza.salomon@microfocus.com and I;ll get back to you to review this issue

aLIZA

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.