Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

My client has bought the Micro focus license, I have to set up the load generator, Controller

Jump to solution

My client has bought the Micro focus license, I have to set up the load generator, Controller and other set up

I need few suggestions for the following topic:

1. I requested for 6 linux (LG ) and 1 windows ( controller) physical machines -- But can we use 6 windows instead of linux, will there be performance deteriorate for LGs? if yes why ?
2. LGs can be VMs instead of physical machine?
3. License bundles are bought so can i use Site scope to monitor the servers during  execution?
4. Are the license specific to Load runner version i need 12.53 or 12.56 i can download and use it 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: My client has bought the Micro focus license, I have to set up the load generator, Controller

Jump to solution

Hi,

1. I requested for 6 linux (LG ) and 1 windows ( controller) physical machines -- But can we use 6 windows instead of linux, will there be performance deteriorate for LGs? if yes why ?

R: License is installed on the Controller, thus the LGs can run on any supported OS type. 

R: LGs can be VMs.

3. License bundles are bought so can i use Site scope to monitor the servers during  execution?

R: Sitescope license is sold separately. 

4. Are the license specific to Load runner version i need 12.53 or 12.56 i can download and use it 

R: 12.5x versions are out of support now. You should install LR 2020 version.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: My client has bought the Micro focus license, I have to set up the load generator, Controller

Jump to solution

Hi,

R: License is installed on the Controller, thus the LGs can run on any supported OS type. 

R: LGs can be VMs.

R: Sitescope license is sold separately. 

R: 12.5x versions are out of support now. You should install LR 2020 version.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you Andrian for the reply.. it cleared my doubts.

About 4th point, I am trying to launch Point of Sale java application using java record replay protocols and it is getting supported by 12.53 , tried latest community version but its not even triggering it

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you trying to record, or replay it? To record a script, you don't need licenses, only to replay it above a certain number of vusers. What version of java are you using?

Thanks,

Isti

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Right now I am trying to record only, java version 1.8 221 I am using. Yes we have the LR license

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

If it is about recording, as I said, the license is not relevant.

I need more information about your application and the way you are trying to record it. Please try recording it with extended log and send me the script, so I can look into the logs a bit.

Thanks,

Isti 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply Isti,

The application is java based and it launches the application with help of xml file in accordance it calls all jar files. I am using Java record and replay and triggers the application

but when its launching its not recording and vice versa when recording not launching - this happens when I change in user.hook file if you can help me to understand about this user.hook file that would be great..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Just a correction to question #3. There is a small amount of licenses of SiteScope bundled with a purchase of LoadRunner Professional or LoadRunner Enterprise. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

"when its launching its not recording and vice versa when recording not launching" I suppose when you start the recording, the application doesn't start. I didn't quite get what is the relation with the user.hooks files, so I will start with that:

1. The Java protocol is recording specific classes and methods from a java CLIENT application. There are some common technologies that are embedded in LR, such as: RMI, JMS, JDBC and JACADA.

- If your application is based on one of these technologies, you only need to select it in the Recording Options -> Recording Properties -> Recording Options -> Recording Protocol's dropdown. In this case, you can leave the user.hooks file empty.

- If your client application isn't based on any of these, and you are familiar with the classes and methods of your client application, you can define the custom filters in user.hook file by specifying with regular expression the classes and methods that you want to hook (capture/record). 

Please note, that if your filters (custom or embedded) are not corresponding, it would only result in not capturing events, but it wouldn't affect the starting up of your application during recording.

Please see more details in our documentation. You will find the custom hooking as well: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/2020/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/t_recording_record_replay_script.htm?tocpath=VuGen%7CVuGen%20protocols%7CJava%20Record%20Replay%20Protocol%7C_____2

2. In order to find out why your application does not start up during recording, please let me know the followings:

1. Is it a client or server application that you are trying to record? Could you send me a link to it's description, in case it's public?
  2. How are you trying to record it? In the Start Recording Dialog, under the "Record" section you have a dropdown to choose between different recording types. Could you tell me which one you chose and how do you complete the fields below? Maybe a screenshot would help.

Thanks,

Isti

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.