Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need to override the TruClient limit on using the same transaction name multiple times in a script

I often have scripts that browse our website and often have to hit the same page, such as homepage, and I would like to be able in TruClient to combine the measurements into one transaction as I do with HTTP/HTML scripts.  However the TruClient UI prevents using the same transaction name multiple times in the same script.  Anyone have a way to overcome this limitation.  I know why it is there since it has a transaction editor that assigns "properties" to the transaction such as when it should start/end, etc. so having it used in multiple places would corrupt this assignment.  But combining measurements is VERY common in HTTP/HTML scripts so there has to be something we can do in TruClient.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You can use TC.startTransaction and TC.endTransaction JavaScript API from Evaluate JavaScript steps.

See an example here

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.