Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Not able to capture record number and add and then perform actions on it later

I'm creating a test for a CMS system.
1. Add Doc
2. Search Doc
3. Open Doc

When the doc is added it has a name and an obj id. But it doesn't return it in the response. I can then search for it by name and it comes up but the object id still isn't in the reponse. Then when in the recording, I try to open it, of course I need to supply the object id.

Am trying to do more but this is the basic problem. Any ideas on how to query an object identifer like this?

Thanks...
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Not able to capture record number and add and then perform actions on it later

I'm guessing that this is the code section in which you request the file itself after the search for it:

lr_start_transaction("OpenUser01PDF");

lr_think_time(40);

web_custom_request("livelink.exe_12",
"URL=http://fnimsahq01/livelink/livelink.exe?func=SearchResultsFunctionMenu&"
"hitID=1&"
"searchCacheID=1862567063&"
"version=1&"
"dataID=151637&"
"HH=false&"
"subtype=264&"
"nextURL=%2Flivelink%2Flivelink%2Eexe%3Ffunc%3Dsrch%2ESearchCache%26cacheId%3D1862567063&"
"jsTicks=1297952913292",
"Method=GET",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=text/html",
"Referer=http://fnimsahq01/livelink/livelink.exe",
"Snapshot=t179.inf",
"Mode=HTTP",
LAST);

All the needed elements for the request are in the URL. I see that the 'dataID' is used when the actual PDF file is downloaded in the resource file section, so I assume this is the object ID you are referring to?

If it's used in a request then it must have come from one of the previous server responses. I'd start digging into the search response, in step "livelink.exe_11", go through the response looking for that string of numbers.

You may end up having to correlate some of the items in that file request URL such as 'searchCacheID' and 'jsTicks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Not able to capture record number and add and then perform actions on it later

Thanks for the info, just saw this. You were correct about the dataid. Again, Thx.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.