Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not possible to test large file uploads using LR - Not enough memory error

Hi Folks,
I have a load runner script which uploads a file to the server. The file size can vary from 1KB to 1GB. But LR script fails to upload the file, whenever the file size is more than 90 MB. The following exception is reported when I tried to upload a 1 GB file.
Continuing after Error -26000: Not enough memory (1073742925 bytes) for a new escaped bufferin LrwUtilSubmitDataBody::MakeAdditionalRoomForOK

Script is reorded in Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol with URL mode. I have upgraded my LR from 9.10 to 9.51 but still the error is happening.
Used web_custom_request function instead of web_submit_data without any luck.

Also with web_submit_data, a new error is reported . The error is "Error: C interpreter run time error: SRUploadAttachment.c (125): Error -- memory violation : Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION received"

Is this a limitation of LR ? I have run my script in a server box with 16 GB RAM ( 4 GB heap size) and the same error is happening. Therefore I assume that it is not related to memory non availability.

Please help me with your valuable suggestions to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Not possible to test large file uploads using LR - Not enough memory error

Hi Babu,

There are few things you can try out to get rid of these errors:

1st Error:
Go to Run time setting preferences and use zip for big file.

2nd Error:
- Disable DEP i.e. Data Execution Prevention (My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance â Settings - > Data Execution Prevention).
- Stop Proventia.
- Go to task manager and stop 2 processes
a. RappApp.exe
b. Blackice.exe

Now restart your VUGen and proceed with your recording.

Thank you,
Champ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do all the steps what Ajay suggested. Also increase the virtual memory on your loadgenerator boxes My Computer > Properties > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory > Change to system managed size and try running it again.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please try running the script using thread mode instead of process mode. It may consume more generator memory but the objective may be achieved.

We have had similar issues with FTP (Huge file uploading / downloading) and we tried using thread mode and it worked well.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.