Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

On The Controller ,running the test with Fixed Iterations

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I would like to run the Load Test on the Controller for fixed Iterations.

My question is :

1.Is this the best practice ?

2. If so ,for the fixed Iterations , out of 3 options for the pacing which one is the best option?

3.Is Test Duration should be Run Untill the Completion.

For particular script when I ran in Previous build Pass Count is soo higher compare to Current version Build.

I ran the test by giving the duartion i.e 1 hr.

I double checked the settings & script, I am not sure why?

We would like to find the root cause for this using the Iteration process instead of duration.

Please advise me!

Thanks,

Rajani

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: On The Controller ,running the test with Fixed Iterations

Jump to solution
Hello

There is no best or worst on this, everything depends on your goals, so we cannot say if this is or not a good practice, Regarding to the count this is expected, each script will give different values depending on the Business Process, and even if this is the same on old and current, a performance optimization or degradation in AUT, Network, LGs etc, can lead to different values, in example, if in the past a specific query lasted 2 seconds and now 1 it will cause that the script can run 2 interations now while in the past 1 in the same amount of time, therefore such little change will give a higher result since the script can do much more in the same given time.

Hope this clarifies

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hello

There is no best or worst on this, everything depends on your goals, so we cannot say if this is or not a good practice, Regarding to the count this is expected, each script will give different values depending on the Business Process, and even if this is the same on old and current, a performance optimization or degradation in AUT, Network, LGs etc, can lead to different values, in example, if in the past a specific query lasted 2 seconds and now 1 it will cause that the script can run 2 interations now while in the past 1 in the same amount of time, therefore such little change will give a higher result since the script can do much more in the same given time.

Hope this clarifies

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Editus!

I was also told them  best practice is should go by duration, not by Iterations, But I want to double chek with the Experts

Thanks,

Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hello

Is up to you, duration will give you the same conclusions as interations, however with duration you can also notice a degradation on performance (on long tests) and this is not that easy to notice on interations mode, but again everything is up to your goals.

regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.