Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

PC 12.57 JMeter - CSV file not downloading to Load Generator

The PC 12.56 / 12/57 guide seems to imply you can zip up a CSV (comma delimited) data file with your JMeter JMX file and then upload it to Performance Center. Very similar to the Stormrunner method. When we've tried this, the load generator does not seem to be able to 'find' or read the CSV file and then fails. The upload of the zip (jmx + csv) seems to complete fine.

Sample Log Entry

2018-07-11 14:37:28,471 INFO o.a.j.s.FileServer: Stored: JChallenge_05_AccountNumbers.csv

2018-07-11 14:37:28,472 ERROR o.a.j.t.JMeterThread: Test failed!

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File JChallenge_05_AccountNumbers.csv must exist and be readable

at org.apache.jmeter.services.FileServer.createBufferedReader(FileServer.java:424) ~[ApacheJMeter_core.jar:4.0 r1823414]

We've actually been on the load generator during the test initiation phase and see the JMX file appear in the temp folder, but no CSV file.

When we add the CSV file to the file system of the load generator running Jmeter and reference it's path in the JMX, it works fine. This was the method mentioned in the Loadrunner 12.57 User Guide.

We are trying to validate, are the PC 12,57 instructions with the zipped CSV / JMX combo not quite right or do we have something amiss in our PC configuration? 

Is this working fine for others? 

Regards,

Bill

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: PC 12.57 JMeter - CSV file not downloading to Load Generator

Hi Bill,

As far as i understand, this issue is reported alredy on a MF support case. Could you please continue working on it so the issue can be resolve.

Thanks and regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

This is true and I will continue to work with support on this. In the meantime, I was more curious if others are seeing it or is mine a unique case?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

You are not the Lone Ranger, we're seeing it here as well with PC 12.57.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi,

This is a feature that we do not support yet however it is a good candidate for an enhancement request. If you already have a support case opened for this please ask them to raise the request officially.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member.

I've placed the csv file in a network share accessible from the generator, and referenced it fine from the jmeter script.
But I am getting the "must exist and be readable" message in Performance Center.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

@bg1010 , I am curious about how you were able to solve/workaround the issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

So the work around is to store the csv file on the Jmeter-generator's c: drive, not a mapped network share drive.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Albert,

My real issue was the PC 12.5x documentation for Jmeter. It said you could zip the *.jmx and *.csv files together and upload them to the repository. Much like their Stormrunner tool if you've had occasion to use that. It did not work that way. My tests would consistently fail because it could not "find" the *.csv file. When I located the *.csv file on the load generator running Jmeter and referenced it there, it worked fine.

I think a fully qualified mapped drive might be OK. I could have put my *.csv files on the server's D or E drives but used C to facilitate the Powershell script I use to copy the *.csv files to the handful of load generators with Jmeter installed. We do not have a large inventory of these scripts so we've kept things simple for now.

-Bill

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.