Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PC 12 Add Host

I have PC 12 up and running on windows.  I've gone through the installation on for a host.  The Performance Center services are running.  I log into Lab Management and add a location.  I then add a host using that location.  The error I get is "com.mercury.td.pcextension.labservice.comm.ILabServiceSetHostPCServiceExceptionDataFaultFaultMessage: Host service is unreachable"

Questions are:

1. In the location what does the name need to be?  Just the server name?  Fully qualified name?  Any name?

2. In the Host dialog,does the name matter?  I assume the location is what really directs the connection

3. What is trying to connect and how?  Not sure what it's looking for so I don't know how to trouble shoot it.

Seems like a connectivity issue but I've turned on IIS (not sure I needed to) opened port 80 for inbound and outboud.  Not sure what else to do.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: PC 12 Add Host

You must not have IIS installed on the Host this will absolutely conflict with the Performance Center services.  First please un-install or completely disable IIS.  Next,  I would suggest that you login to the Host as IUSR_METRO and validate that you can open an IE window, connect to the ALM server and click on Performance Center (or Application Lifecycle Management) and get the ALM Client software downloaded to your host.  Then try to add the  Host.  The location is probably General (the default) and the name should be how you can always connect to that host.  It could be the name, fully qualified name, or IP address. 

If all that fails, I would suggest opening a support case with HP.

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Exdwsa2

What is the version of PC?  PC Server and PC Host.

What is the version of the extension?

About the point number one, you can add the "IP Address". You need to make sure that every component is configurated correctly.

If accessed on the PC Server using the IUSR_METRO? does it work?

May you please run a System Health check? to see how behavies. What is the output?

Remember to try to add the server using only the Ip Address.

Thanks and Regards,

AlexisB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Exdwsa2

It has been a while since I have heard from you regarding the thread. Based on our last communication. I would like to know if you are still require more assistance our if your issue has been resolved, If so, then could you please mark this as an accepcted solution so that other members can benefit from this anwer? if it did not resolved then please let me know so that we can address you question again.

Kindly awating for your reply accordinly.

Thank you very much and Regards,

Alexis B

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Check the FW rules are properly opened, I guess it should be on port 443 bidirectional  (inbound and outbound) (TCP port) not on "80".

Try to ping the same from either way.

you can use the IP address of that host as in the Name.

Version doesn't  bother in connection (Adding a HOST), it's a regular query.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Update on this. This is for Performance Center 12.00  I was able to connect to the server that I have created as host.  What was done was to verify these services were running (they were):

Performance Center Load Testing Service

Performance Center Agent Service

RemoteManagement Agent Service

DataCollectionAgent

And to make sure the followin ports were open (Not all of them were):

Once this was done I was able to connect to the server that was set up as the host.  I still can't connect to the server that was to be the load generator.  On that server I cannot get the following services to run:

Performance Center Load Testing Service

Performance Center Agent Service

Not sure what is causing this. I can log on as the IUSR_METRO with no problem and the RemoteManagement Agent Service is running fine.  I ran the Load Generator Configuration Wizard but that doesn't seem to help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Make sure that IIS is not running, if it is these services will not run.  Check your Windows Event Log to get more details when the service fails to start.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.