Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PC 9.5 Install Controller & Load generator on Same server

Has anyone installed The Controller and Load Generator on the same machine. When trying to install the load generator after the install of the controller which the manual say you should, i get a message saying that the install of the load generator is not allowed on the same machine as the controller.
How can i bypass this so i can install the load generator.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: PC 9.5 Install Controller & Load generator on Same server

Hi Mesh,

I am not sure if you can by pass it as I never have across this kind of situation. But still what you can do is just install a Virtual PC in the same system and install LG in the Virtual PC and establish the connection between PC & LG.

But having VP's are not good in Performance Testing as result can differ from actuals.

Thanks
Champ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: PC 9.5 Install Controller & Load generator on Same server

When you create hosts in Performance Center they all have the Controller and Load Generator software. You use the Performance Center admin account to choose how to use each host, Controller+Load Generator or just Load Generator. It sounds like you installed the host software then tried to install the Standalone Load Generator. This will not work as you found out.

Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.