Highlighted
New Member.

PC Host 11.52 uninstall/reinstall

Jump to solution

I have 3 host full installs of Performance Center 11.52 Patch 1.

1: C/DP

1: LG

1: LG

We have both the C: drive and a 😧 drive(where we are supposed to perform installs).  On the C/DP box I installed to the 😧 drive, but on the other 2 boxes I picked the C: drive by accident, and am just noticing.  I don't want to mess with what is working, but would like to install to the 😧 drive like I am supposed to.

Playing it safe I would assume the process would be:

remove both of these boxes from Lab Management, uninstall patch 1, uninstall SP2, unstall 11.50, reinstall 11.50 to D:, reinstall SP2 to D:, reinstall Patch 1 to D:, and re-add as a LG to Lab Management(for each)?

Would this work or can I shut down ALM to avoid mucking with Lab Management(and just do uninstalls/reinstalls)?  Has anyone done this before?  Will I lose any prior run data or mess up my PC scenarios?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: PC Host 11.52 uninstall/reinstall

Jump to solution

Hi,

You don't have to uninstall each patch seperately. You can just:

1. Uninstall the base PC11.50 from those hosts and reboot them (it will remove all the patches also)

2. Then install base PC11.50 Host in your desired hard drive

3. Install SP2

4. Install patch1

5. Reboot

6. Delete and readd the host in LAB management

This will work

Thanks,

Ravi Koduri

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

You don't have to uninstall each patch seperately. You can just:

1. Uninstall the base PC11.50 from those hosts and reboot them (it will remove all the patches also)

2. Then install base PC11.50 Host in your desired hard drive

3. Install SP2

4. Install patch1

5. Reboot

6. Delete and readd the host in LAB management

This will work

Thanks,

Ravi Koduri

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Excellent, thank you for the help.  I appreciate the support/reply.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.