Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

PC Rest API using Python - Authentication 404

Hi

I am trying to authenticate Performance center using Rest API and Python but it failing with following message

is my request correct ??

is there a setup/config change needed on PC Server to enable Rest API?

if someone has a valid request, can you post it?

here is the request

headers = {'Authorization':'Basic', 'username':'some1', 'password': 'no1'}

about username and password

I open up tools - Password Encoder - enter username - generate - use that encoded in python script.

same process repeated on password. 

r = requests.get('http://hostname:8080/LoadTest/rest/authentication-point/authenticate', params=headers)

and below is the response

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
<title>Error 404 </title>
</head>
<body>
<h2>HTTP ERROR: 404</h2>
<p>Problem accessing /LoadTest/rest/authentication-point/authenticate. Reason:
<pre> Not Found</pre></p>
<hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i>
</body>
</html>

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: PC Rest API using Python - Authentication 404

Hi,

Sorry for the first basic question but does your PC server is configured for port 8080 or you are trying to send the request to the ALM server?

The requests for the PC REST API should be send to the PC server. (by default configured to listen on port 80 or 443 in case configured for HTTPS)

Regards,
Eyal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.