Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

PC Server Admin Page doesnt load after proper Setup

Hi All,

we have isntallaed PC Server 12.55.

I have verified all prerequisites and also verfied the IIS setup is done well enough.

PCAdmin App pool is started and running , but when try to access http://<pc admin server>/admin getting error http 503, service Unavailable .

Not able to trace where issue is .

Attachign herewith IIS snapshot  where the server pool is running.

Help me trace out the issue why Admin page is not opening, tried to check from another server too  ISS service  home page is runnig but not admin page 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PC Server Admin Page doesnt load after proper Setup

Hi,

Did you succeed adding the PC server in ALM Lab > PC Servers module?
Can you attach the PC server log file? it is located under <PC_SERVER_HOME_FOLDER>\orchidtmp\w3wp

Please open a support ticket in parallel to this post.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Umakasturi,

From the screenshot you attached I can see that the identity of the application pools PcAdminAppPool and PCQCWSAppPool is not correct and should be change to the PC system user which in your enviornment is the default user IUSR_METRO. You can see the correct settings in the LoadTestAppPool from the attached screenshot.
It seems that at some point the settings in your environmnet were changed either manually or by IT scripts to ApplicationPoolIdentity instead of the PC system user.

Regards,
Eyal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@Shlomi Nissim

I couldnt find the w3wp in the folder mentioned, attaching the screenshot of the folder 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@EyalR

Changed it to IUSR_METRO, no luck 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@EyalR@Shlomi Nissim

i aslso see that PCAdminApppool and PCQCWApppool are not always in started mode .

though in advanced settings I changed to Always running, still they get stopped and need to start them .

Is it an issue ? can you help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

1. w3wp should be under LTLogger folder. Search for it under orchidtmp

2. Please run PC server configurator again and attach the screenshot of the result

3. Did you open a case already?

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@Shlomi Nissim

1)Didnt find w3wp

2) server donfiguration for the first time hasthrown an error  (attached file)

3) Service ticket is opened , still awaiting response 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for sharing the log.

After looking at the log  I believe there is a permission issue that prevents the Logged On user to configure the server properly. I believe that a meeting will be required to understand the permission gap and resolve this issue.

Please keep me updated on the progress with the support case.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.