Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PC Status Check failing on connectivity

While checking on our Performance Center 12.02 environment I ran the System Health check in the Lab Management interface. One of my PC Hosts designated as a Controller returned a failed status for one of the checks:

• Desc: Check connectivity between the Controller and load generators
  • Result : Could not retrieve monitors from the controller Error:

There are no other details provided in the interface other than that. All the other checks are listed as Succeeded.

Can someone explain what this error means and how I can debug what the issue is? What should my next steps be in resolving this? Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PC Status Check failing on connectivity

Hello Nathan,

This errors could be for different reasons, as connectivity, permissions and others.

In order to troubleshoot this kind of issues, you can do the following:

- Ping from the PC Server to the Host (controller).

- Ping from the Host (controller) to PC Server.

- Check that you have all the require permissions on your enviroment.

- Verify that you have all the ports and services up and running. For this you can refer to this link: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00681224

- Verify that you do not have any firewall which is blocking the connectivity on your network.

- Double check your IIS configuration. You can restart it.

- You can run the configuration wizard on the PC Host (controller) and then add again the host into the lab management.

Also, you can verify the logs from the orchidtmp folder and the QC and SA logs, for more information.

Thank you and regards, 

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. I worked through most of your suggestions.

SUCCESSFUL - Ping from the PC Server to the Host (controller).

SUCCESSFUL - Ping from the Host (controller) to PC Server.

CONFIRMED - Check that you have all the require permissions on your enviroment.

LIST CONFIRMED - Verify that you have all the ports and services up and running. For this you can refer to this link: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresuppo​rt/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00681224

CONFIRMED - Verify that you do not have any firewall which is blocking the connectivity on your network.

PENDING - Double check your IIS configuration. You can restart it.

CONSIDERED LAST RESORT - You can run the configuration wizard on the PC Host (controller) and then add again the host into the lab management.

So, in looking at the other hosts designated as controllers that I ran the System Check against the tsk log for each mentions this line:

Info: Monitors check completed successfully

The error I see for the one host not passing shows this:

Could not retrieve monitors from the controller Error:

What 'monitors' specifically are these lines referring to on the hosts?  Why would everything else on the host pass and just this one element fail?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

May I know if you did a monitor configuration on your enviroment?

Not necessary like a SiteScope monitor, I mean, the monitors which one comes on Performance Center.

Regards

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I believe this was done at the time the environment was set up. We do have 4 other hosts designated as controllers in the environment and all the others are passing the status checks, including the Monitors Check.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Basically this kind of issues are related to configuration.

That's the reason that I suggested to run the configuration wizard on the host, as in most of the cases this solved this behaviours.

Regards

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.