(PC) Support Tip: How to configure a LG machine Over Firewall
The next steps are in order to configure a Load Generator Over Firewall, for more information you can go to the Performance Center Installation Guide.
Performance Center OFW configuration
- MI Listener (it could be any host or SA LG located on same network side as controllers)
- SA LG
Steps on PC environment
- Create an Over Firewall Location. Go to Lab Management>Lab Resources>Locations
Steps on MI Listener
- Just double check that Agent is running as service or process.
- Add MI Listener Machine. Go to Lab Management>Performance Center>MI Listeners. You should NOT configure OFW for this agent, keep the firewall check clean
Steps on SA LG
- Enable Firewall Agent.Go to Start>Programs>HP Software>HP LoadRunner>Advanced Settings>Agent configuration
- Click on Settings and open the dialog
MI_Listener name: is the hostname or IP Address of the MI_Listener machine.
Local Machine key: is the alias or SA LG added over firewall. It could be any name.For PC it could have the “_” + Location name as suffix.
Connection Timeout: is the hearthbeat from MIL to LGs. Default time 20 seconds is fine. Then:
- Press OK to save changes. Agent will be restarted
- If connection succeeds, you should see activity on MIL agent log. It means that MIListener machine is detecting LG_OFW every 20 seconds
- Adding LG to Performance Center, some important things.
- For the LG name just use the alias without location suffix.
- Select Location name that matches the alias name.
- Select the MIL machine
- Run System Health Check
Hewlett Packard Enterprises Support