(PC) Support Tip: Some basic consideration for installation of ALM PC Components
- Install Performance Center (PC) Server software on a drive, different than the System drive (usually C:\), otherwise the PC software will “compete” with Operating System OS for Disk I/O and the system drive might run out of space
- The installed PC components must be same versions and patch level – If different, then many problems, difficult to troubleshoot might arise during a test run.
- For PC production systems it is better to have more than one PC server. This way the maintainability, fault tolerance and performance of the entire system will increase
- It is good to have a dedicated database server, as in order to isolate any issues with not ALM PC projects related databases.
Maintenance of the OS or database servers is best to be scheduled during a dedicated maintenance timeslot, defined in the Lab Management, otherwise significant performance degradation or fails might arise during the load testing.
- Having a test and/or acceptance PC environment, where fixes or risky operations can be tested before going to production can significantly improve the availability of the production environment