Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

(PC) Support tip - How to disable access to modules like requirements, defects etc in ALM for users

When logged into ALM, go into the project’s customization->click Module Access->uncheck the modules you don’t wish to have access for the groups in question. When users who are member of that group logon, the specific modules will no longer be visible in the GUI.

This is applicable to all ALM 11.x and beyond versions

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: (PC) Support tip - How to disable access to modules like requirements, defects etc in ALM for us

Thanks for sharing that Ravi.

I believe all Performance Center customers should apply this recommendation in order to focus the user on the use cases that are more relevant for the performance engineer.

Moreover, Performance Center R&D team invest most efforts in the web based interface - My Performance Center. I strongly recommend login to Performance Center from it

Best Regards,

Shlomi Nissim

Performance Center R&D Manager

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: (PC) Support tip - How to disable access to modules like requirements, defects etc in ALM for us

I agree Shlomi. MyPC is more fearure rich now in newer versions than before and that's what we keep recommending all the PC customers to use rather than login from ALM UI. Less confusion for those using only Performance Center features

Thanks,

Ravi

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.