(PC) Support tip: In PC12.55, Truclient Chomrium Vusers are getting stuck in init state
In PC12.55 when running a loadtest with Truclient Chromium scripts, some of the Vusers does not initialize and get stuck in init state. This happens only with Truclient Chomium scripts but other script types like TC IE or TC FF run just fine
Truclient Chromium protocol is pretty memory intensive. Depending on what the script is trying to do within the application, each Vuser consume a lot of memory in the heap allowing only fewer number of user to go to run state. As a result some of the other Vusers get stuck in init
To get around the issue and achieve higher load with this protocol type, on each LG machine involved in the test increase the shared memory setting in the heap at Windows level. To implement this change, do the following:
- Login to the specific load generator machine
- Make sure the PC agent is running as a service
- Open the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows
- Backup the original key (export it)
- Change the third value (SharedSection) from its value (in the example below – 512) to larger number – 2048.
- Reboot the host
- Run a sample 15-20 user test and see if it works as expected. Then gradually increase the load to reach the maximum threshold for the LG
Here’s an example of the windows value how it looks like that needs to be changed:
%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3 ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=Off MaxRequestThreads=16
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.