Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

(PC) Support tip: Raw Results are in "Pending Creating Analysis" for long time

After run a test, collation is working fine but the analysis task stuck on "Pending creating Analysis" for a long time. There is not any task or process running on the Data Processor machine. The Raw Results can be downloaded from Performance Center and analyse them manually.

So this issue happens when we are using  a project with versioning enabled and before run the test it was not "Check-in". So the workaround is "Check-in" the scenario before run the test, then we were able to analyse the Raw Results from Performance Center.

From the ALM log you can see the following error message:

"failed to update the Entity LAB_RESERVATIONS #xxx after creation, removed it "

From the PC log you can see the following error message:

"....ERROR HP.PC.BL.Reservations.ReservationFacadeBL - Failed to execute the newfordp command, duration: 30, numOfHosts: 1, name: pcadmin, initialHostRuntimeState: Data Processing, qcRunId: 2685, operation: Analyzing [Context: 90a1fbe1-ac52-4dcc-be54-55ef0c2f7ed5] [FullContext: QCServer:http://alm:8080/qcbin UserName:_pc_system_ Domain:xxx Project:xxx]..."

Thank you

HPE Support

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: (PC) Support tip: Raw Results are in "Pending Creating Analysis" for long time

I'd highly recommend not to analyze results on PC. You should download the collated results and analyse on your local machine. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: (PC) Support tip: Raw Results are in "Pending Creating Analysis" for long time

If you are using Oracle DB the below steps might help you to resolve the issue

it is known issue in PC 12.63 and there is a hotfix for this

if not the you can perform the below steps:

Clear the data processing queue

Access you lab project in database and runt he below query

UPDATE DP_TASKS SET DP_PROGRESS_STATUS='Finished' WHERE
DP_PROGRESS_SUBSTATUS='Terminating'

Login to Performance Center Administration

Navigate to: Maintenance->Runs->Data Processor Queue and remove them, select and click on "Remove from queue

it should resolve your issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Narayana

You mentions it is a defect and there is a hotfix for it - can you please sent it to me ? Please feel me ping me internally or via email
regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

I am having the same issue after installed version 12.63. Could you please let me know the solution if you had one. Thanks

Regards

Newton

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,
Could you please cheek the below knowledge article for permanent solution? Be careful when you select the versing of the fix and download the version for your PC.
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03518076
Thanks,
Ivo
IvoHri
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.