Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PC integration with QCALM

Can you please clarify if Iit's possible to integrate PC with the standard QC Enterprise edition or does PC require the full  ALM installation?

If it only operates with ALM, and not QC, can Performance Center operate as a standalone system (i.e. without the need for ALM)?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dear Mrobr,

Hope you are having a good day!

Regarding to your question, you can not use PC with ALM Enterprise, PC just works with HP ALM ''Full'' as you can see in the screenshot below: 

I also attach the Comparison guide betweent editions of ALM 11.52 and ALM 11.00

And yes, you can use PC without ALM and you can download it via the SSO.

Please let me know if this information meets you request.

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Kryys,

I need to correct something that you said in your reply

@Kryys wrote:

Dear Mrobr,

And yes, you can use PC without ALM and you can download it via the SSO.

This is not correct.  Performance Center absolutely requires that you install ALM.  You can use the My Performance Center site to do most of the user activities if you want, but you must have a ALM server with a compatible version of ALM installed.

It is better to think of ALM as both a platform and a specific edition.  As a platform ALM is used by both QC and PC to manage all Project, domain, and user activities.  ALM the platform also manages the Databases used and the smart repository. 

As part of the installation and configuration of the ALM platform you must provide a license and this license will determine the edition of the software you are using

QC license = QC Edition

PC License = PC Edition

QC & PC License = Application Lifecycle Management Edition

Unfortunately there is also what is known as ALM Essentials and QC Enterprise and if you want to use PC you can not use these versions of QC\ALM.

All Lab Management (PC Server, Host, and Timeslot) activities are done in Lab Management which is not created until you install the ALM platform and complete the configuration wizard and install either a Performance Center license or a Full Application Lifecycle Management ALM license.

You do not have to use the QC related functions (Requirements & Defects) and you can even disable them so that the users don't even know they exist but every single Performance Center implementation must include 2 separate license types, one for Performance Center, one for the ALM Platform.  The ALM Platform license will allow PC activities to be performed and if you don't disable the Requirements and Defects portion the users will require a full license.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Craig Drummond

HP SW Premier Support Technical Account Manager, ALM Products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.