Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PC not picking up script changes

I often did script troubleshooting over my loadgens in v11 where I had both the script checked out as well as the test.

As long as I saved my checked out script, when I would run my checked out test, my script changes were picked up so I could troubleshoot.

In version 12, I'm finding that is not the case.  Certainly not picked up by saving a checked out script, and also not picked up if I check the script back in.  Seems I can only pick up script changes if I delete the script entry from my test and re-add the same.

Has anyone else encountered these behaviors?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: PC not picking up script changes

Are you talking of real code change in your script? or only runtime settings?

real code changes should be detected, you can try to clear 

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Performance Center Server\Cache

and see if it helps.

Lionel

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: PC not picking up script changes

In this particular case it was actual code changes.  (I was changing the path of a file to upload)

I did not mess with cache on my local machine or on the PC server, but if I removed the script from my test in PC, and re-added it, it would pick up the changes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.