bboutet Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

PC version(12.21) Delete Temp Results event Fails

People:

We find that our scheduled Delete Temp results event fails. Tracing on the load Generator we find the task is attempting to access a Cloud resource it does not view as being in the Cloud and times out. 

getIsSSLEnabled on ec2-52-35-79-178.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com, value returned = 0
03:56:06.520[1] LaunchOnRemote: IsOnCloud - 0
03:56:06.551[1] LaunchOnRemote: IsSSLEnabled - 0
03:56:06.582[1] <3464> DeleteResultsFromLGs <-
03:56:06.614[1] <3464> CCollate::DeleteTempResults > <-
03:56:06.645[1] <3464> OnStartMonitor ->
03:56:06.676[1] <3464> OnStartMonitor <-
03:56:06.692[1] <2324> CCollatorApp::MonitorDeleteResults ->
03:56:06.723[1] Delete results operation timeout: 5

This Load Generator has been  allocated by any scripts  this month?

How do we configure a this Load Generator so it is accurately identified and handled?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Bruce

0 Likes
4 Replies
Regular Contributor.

Re: PC version(12.21) Delete Temp Results event Fails

Meant to say: 

This Load Generator has not  been  allocated by any scripts  this month

0 Likes
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Bruce,

Performance Center has a maintenance task running and trying to delete temporary results from Load Generators for runs that are indicated as not handled yet. The maintenance task is not focused only on the last month, it tries deleting the temporary data for all runs in the appropriate state (i.e. run ended and temp files were not deleted).

In order to avoid the issue you describe you can either open support ticket and get help or try the following on your own:

1. Login to Site admin

2. Go to Lab Management tab

3. Focus on Lab Runs table

4. Run the following query to determine if this Load Generator is included in a run that its' temp results files were not deleted yet

SELECT LRN_RUN_ID, LRN_LOAD_GENERATORS, LRN_END_DATE, LRN_IS_TEMP_RESULT_DELETED FROM LAB_RUNS WHERE LRN_LOAD_GENERATORS LIKE '%your_lg_name%' AND LRN_IS_TEMP_RESULT_DELETED = 'NO'

5. Now based on the results you can update the relevant record to avoid the issue by running the following query

UPDATE LAB_RUNS SET LRN_IS_TEMP_RESULT_DELETED = 'YES' WHERE LRN_LOAD_GENERATORS LIKE '%your_lg_name%' AND LRN_IS_TEMP_RESULT_DELETED = 'NO' 

I suggest updating the data only after you validated very carefully which records the udpate query is going to modify

If you need any help, please let me know

Regards,

Shlomi

Regular Contributor.

Shlomi,

Thank you for your insights. I performed the update for all our load generators and will monitor it going forward. I am creating queries to return all Test run details to help in resolving future issues.

Thanks again!

Bruce

0 Likes
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Bruce,

Please note that we have improved this maintenance task that monitors temporary results in 12.56. 

12.55 and 12.56 introduce a lot of other enhancements regardless. I suggest exploring the option to upgrade. 

Should you need any help, we have a porgram that supports customers who would like to upgrade and require assistance.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.