Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

PC version with ALM 12.21

Jump to solution

Hi

I have SQL server 2008 R2 SP3 and HP ALM 12.21 only works with it, so I have installed HP ALM 12.21. Now for Performance Center will it work with 12.20 version? I can see in download section only 12.20 version is available there is not file or patch for Performance Center 12.21

Please let me know if any of you have any information about this.

Thanks

Mukesh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: PC version with ALM 12.21

Jump to solution

Hello,

For ALM 12.21 you will need PC 12.20 Patch 2. There is no PC 12.21.

Please, note SQL2008 R2 SP3 is only supported with ALM 12.21 patch 1. Details, on the link below:

https://hpln.hpe.com/product/alm/pages/3376

All the best,

Ivo

IvoHri

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

For ALM 12.21 you will need PC 12.20 Patch 2. There is no PC 12.21.

Please, note SQL2008 R2 SP3 is only supported with ALM 12.21 patch 1. Details, on the link below:

https://hpln.hpe.com/product/alm/pages/3376

All the best,

Ivo

IvoHri

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please, note that if you are building new installation it is best to use the latest ALM PC 12.53.

This version is significantly improved.

Thanks,

Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Ivo

I will give it a try.

I also pushed for 12.53, since we got access to SQL server 2008 only, cannot proceed to uper version. 12.50 and above requrires SQL server 2012 or 2014.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is better to install SQL 2012 or 2014 and go with the new PC 12.53. Not only PC is dramatically improved, but the functionality of underling LR components are.

It is easier to deal with daily tasks as recording, script enhancement and so on. with the new 12.53

Later on you will need not only to upgrade PC, but to upgrade live SQL 2008R2 which is not a trivial task.

All the best,

Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Ivo, in future down the line six months will go to PC 12.53 (or the latest one at that time).

Now I have installed ALM 12.21 with PC server 12.20 with patch 02. Do I need to run the same patch on PC host machines and stand alone load generators as well? Please advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is mandatory PC server and PC hosts be at the same patch level.

Note the patch for server(s), host and standalone LGs are different.

All the best,

ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.